Gulf Shores, Al is an area still healing from hurricane's Ivan and Katrina. The tree line of the shores tells the story of the salt water damage to the trees. The commander's houses and administration building at Ft. Morgan is still standing after the number of hurricanes they must have experienced. The history of the Fort's Morgan and Gaines was very interesting.
During Christmas week we toured Bellingraff Gardens which is the Bellingraff Family home. They were the ownes of the local Coca Cola Co. They donated it to a local organization for public tours and special events. They had over three million lights lit up which depicted the twelve days of Christmas. It took us an hour and a half to walk the grounds.
The walks on the beaches and the Navy Blue Angels demo team practicing was exciting to watch. You could watch them as they performed their maneuvers over the gulf waters. I would walk and check for hidden treasures with my metal detector I received for Christmas. I did find about a $1.50 and a lot of pull taps from cans on the beach. It was a lot of fun just thinking about what I might find just in the next few feet. My wife would walk the beaches and collect the sea shells.
No comments:
Post a Comment